Friday, July 22, 2005

Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of ...

Some people (well, actually one person, although maybe others nearly did) have asked me about the Google adverts which appear on my page. I don't endorse any of the products or services offered, I don't expect to receive a particularly lucrative stream of revenue from having the adverts there, and I have only been interested in "clicking through" myself a handful of times.

I put them there for several reasons - for the technical practice of fiddling around with the Blogger template to make it work; out of interest to see how intelligently AdSense (the advertising scheme) "understood" the text in my posts; to have something on my page that would be a little more original; and to provide more links that might improve my visibility in search engines (the ratings game ... I want to know if "Exile from GROGGS" can take over the world - buwah hah hah hah haaaaa!).

No reasons of any great significance, really, any more than this blog has any real significance. But rather more honestly than many advertising media, and at risk of biting the hand that feeds (not that it's really fed at all...), I would just like to say, "Caveat Emptor". Or "Caveat spector". Or whatever ....